Dinner Last Night: Tater Tot Hotdish

Ever since Molly Yeh's cookbook, Molly on the Range came out last year, I've been eyeing this tater tot hot dish recipe for a while.  For those of you (like me) who were unfamiliar with the term "hot dish," it's basically a cream based casserole - ideal for making in the dead of winter in inspire hygge and all the feelings of cozy comfort.  I mean, a casserole topped with tater tots?!  Sign me up!  Also seemed like a good gateway meal to coax my kids into eating casseroles as well.  

Since we've been trying to eat dairy-free in meals (notwithstanding my kids' obsession with Greek yogurt and whole milk) I subbed in the recommended 1 cup of whole milk with a cup of almond milk, and I think it turned out just fine.  

Turns out, tater tots hotdish is a crowd pleaser!

image/mollyyeh

1 comment

Lea said...

Totally making this! My mother-in-law introduced me to the "hot dish" and I'm hooked!